tutorial-4: flash walk cycle

So, you want to follow along some of my Flash lessons?
Get 7 days of free unlimited access to lynda.com.
Follow that link and get 1 week of access, see how you like it.

Here’s part 1 of 4 part video tutorial that I made a few months ago. It shows you how to animate a walk cycle in Flash, using shape tweening and motion tweening:

flash animation: walk cycle tutorial 1/4 from dermot o connor on Vimeo.

This entry was posted in animation, tutorial. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to tutorial-4: flash walk cycle

1. Dozza says:

Brill! Once again thank you for shareing your expertise!

:D

2. Manojkumar jena says:

This tutorial is really very useful. thanks for help

3. Dita Actor says:

Thank you very much for your uber brilliant walkcycle tutorials. They were very helpful too in my little 3d animation forays with poser :-)

4. Alex Hagios says:

Great work!
    Thanks!
    Could you post more tutorials?

5. Dave Jeffery says:

Thanks Dermot – I’ve been using Flash for over ten years and I still learnt stuff I didn’t know before from your tutorials!

I’ve used your tutorial to help me get started producing a walk cycle in Synfig Studio – I’ve written about it on my blog.

I can’t thank you enough for your generosity in making this great resource available to everyone.

6. I just finished your Lynda.com course today (the character animation one). It was brilliant! I am in the midst of working on a character animation with a cat as the main character and now that I’ve seen your course, I am going to remove all of the black lines around the edges of him.

Anyway, I do have a question for you. Where did you get the color swatches that are shown in your Flash interface in the course? I have searched the web and can’t find any downloadable Flash color palettes. I would love to use this instead of the Web 216 one that is standard with CS5.

Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Maureen

7. Anton says:

Hi AA,
    While looking for some ideas for props, I came upon your wordpress blogsite.
    I really liked this tutorial – can see that you’ve been doing this for quite some time.
    When I have a bit more time, I will have a look at the others too.
    Regards
    A

8. danny says:

Kudos sir, this tutorial is brilliant. Great tips also about structuring everything. I’ll be visiting again for sure.